Earl Conrad Lempke, a retired engineer and company president, died Wednesday in his East Concord home following a short illness. He was 76.
A Buffalo native, Mr. Lempke graduated from Springville-Griffith Institute. He also attended the University at Buffalo, where he studied engineering and business.
Mr. Lempke served in the Army for six months beginning in 1959 and then served in the Army Reserves for another five years.
From 1972 until he retired in 1997, he was an engineer and president of Delavan Industries, Division of Ryder Systems.
He was a consultant to Allied Transport until 2009.
Surviving are his wife of 51 years, Gisele; a sister, Mary Lou Burgess; and a brother, Charles.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday in Salem Lutheran Church, 91 East Main St., Springville.
Earl Conrad Lempke, head of Delavan Industries
- 180 Food trucks will start rolling in Amherst again
- 137 Taxpayer fatigue blamed for defeats of six school budgets
- 118 Howard doesn't have the right to decide which laws he thinks should be enforced
- 114 Clarence voters reject 10% tax hike in school budget
- 112 Letter: GOP is trying to distract Americans with 'scandals'