Family members and volunteers honored fallen veterans in the Buffalo cemeteries.
Buffalo's starting right tackle, who missed the last five games of the 2015 season due to Crohn’s disease, is off the NFL grid. Head coach Rex Ryan hasn't heard from him, and some at One Bills Drive aren’t sure when or if he’ll be back.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Few people know the name C. Wade McClusky, but he is widely credited with pivotal role in WWII.
In the first of Don Paul's articles for The News, he breaks down what makes humid air feel so hot.
Chronicles looks back at the club that spent at least 50 years as the Jamestown Grill.
State shuttered sawmill in 1997, but it is now getting a second chance.
Latest Local News
- Rollover crash injures four teens before car catches fire
- Driving through crash scene blocked by cops gets woman arrested
- As veterans are honored, VA strives to serve better | 55 min ago
- Stanley Cup notebook: Failure against Sabres puzzles Sharks
- Rotary Club of the Tonawandas donates $7,500 to Vietnam memorial
- Fire blamed on unattended cooking
- This Cup final reeks of speed and scoring
- Teen with handgun arrested after fight at Canalside Boardwalk Carnival
- Corpus Christi procession brings joy to historic Polonia District on Buffalo’s East Side
- Vic Carucci’s Bills Mailbag: No evidence that front office isn’t backing Rex View the last 24 hours of updates »
Gleason Marathoner celebrates milestone in mission to fight obesity, one step at a time
Turner Gold Star banner is finally come home
Harrington Crosby returns to Cup final with new hunger
Esmonde Muslims moving against East Side blight
Graham Power Take: Baylor football reeks of misguided priorties
Gaughan Power Take: Bills’ signing of Mario was not a mistake
Pergament Local stations all find good news in sweeps numbers
- Catfish and the Bottlemen continue musical rise
- New ESPN series on O.J. Simpson is riveting
- Classical musicians ready to serenade us this summer
- Listening Post: New jazz by Theo Croker and, in classical music, the complete nocturnes of composer John Fields
- This is the type of ‘Company’ you should keep View more »
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
Pre-Order the NEW “Buffalo Memories II The Early Years and the 1940s”
Our second beautiful, hardcover historic retrospective of Buffalo.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »